Peninsula Animal Aid takes in dogs and cats to our shelter and foster care homes from in and around the Redcliffe peninsula, north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Animals come in as strays or some are surrendered by families who can no longer care for them. PAA's aim is to reunite stray animals with their families but if no home can be found, re-home unclaimed animals into permanent loving and caring families.
Peninsula Animal Aid is a not for profit charity established in 1971. PAA is operated and run by unpaid volunteers of which 120 workers attend the shelter on a weekly basis. PAA membership is increasing steadily each year and we have many dedicated sponsors and donors who continue to support this great cause.
In 2013 PAA assisted 1000 animals into their forever homes and all of our 120 volunteers are proud to offer this service to our community.
All unclaimed animals that come to PAA are given optimum vet care. Each animal has a complete health check by our participating vets, they are microchipped, desexed, fully vaccinated and are given preventative treatments for intestinal worms, including heartworm in dogs. All cats are checked for feline HIV. PAA's greatest expense by far are our veterinary expenses which is testament to our commitment to all the animals who come to the shelter. In the 2012-2013 financial year, PAA spent $180,000 on vet care for our animals.
PAA ABN: 54 720 195 065 IA 15411 CH 0638
Peninsula Animal Aid serves our local community by providing a volunteer based Animal Welfare Resource Centre which;
- Provides high quality shelter and foster care services to
- facilitate the reunion of lost pets with their owners, and
- maximise the numbers of dogs and cats adopted into their forever homes
- Actively supports strategies for the humane management and welfare of the community’s pet population
- Protecting animals from cruelty and relieving any suffering
- Preventing abandonment of dogs and cat
- Reducing the numbers of healthy or treatable dogs and cats being euthanised each year
- Compulsory de-sexing and micro-chipping of all dogs and cats
- Advocates for animal welfare through policies and legislation at all levels of government, in the media and through community education